Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
A Starter in Circuitry
I'll come back and format this one day, for now I've spent far too long on it and need a break.

Parts required:

Electronic Assembly
Weapon power cell
tiny photovoltaic cell
text pad
number pad
number to string converter
concatenator
uppercase string converter
screen/text-to-speech circuit
EPv2 circuit

Electronic Machine
Weapon power cell
EPv2 circuit 
advanced locator
examiner
global positioning system
string to number converter
toggle button
fast ticker
weapon firing mechanism
large tesla power relay

Hello I am here to provide a short guide on the contruction of one basic smart turret, this design is very basic and is designed with the intention of helping people who aren't familiar with circuitry to better understand it as it did me.

Keep in mind that some of these circuits are locked behind research and development, they can be printed off using the portable integrated circuit printer, and unlocked using the integrated circuit printer upgrade - advanced designs. I have marked these elusive elements in red and will provide an alternative guide as a follow up that uses components that are more readily available from one of two boxes that spawn in the nerd dungeon south of toxins research.

The first step is to open up the cases, you do this by applying crowbar to thing. If you made it this far you are now in the top 99 percentile for skill in circuitry.

The next step is filling both devices with the components, to do this simply take the component you wish to use in the device in hand, and click on the device. You have become impossibly powerful at this stage, and must be stopped.

This next step is the only one that requires you to use the circuit debugger tool. It will be used more extensively as you upgrade and tinker with your design, but for now it is only used here. Both devices open, click them with the debugger tool to open up the menus that you closed as you were shoving parts into them. Click on the EPv2 circuits to open their individual menus. Their addresses should be at the bottom of the text wall describing what they do. Click the debugger tool and select "string", highlight the address of one and copy it, paste it into the text box that has popped up. Once you have done this, click on the "target address" option on the other devices EPv2 circuit hub. Repeat this process, but for the other device. At this point if you haven't been slain, it is too late.

From here it's best to work on one device at a time, the electronic assembly is the simplest of the two. First, from the device menu, rename it. You can call it whatever you want but for simplicity sake I tend to call mine "Target Finder". You don't need to rename it at all if you so choose, but if you make more than one device with this style of frame you may lose it in the crowd at the wrong moment.

Provided you've mastered opening up the individual circuits within each device, this part should go quite smoothly.
Take the circuit wirer, and click on the text pad. Click on string entered, and back out to the main menu.
Click on the EPv2 circuit, and then circuit wirer still in hand click data to send. This will link the text input into the text pad with the data to send field.
You will then go back to the text pad and click on "on entered pulse in", in red at the bottom.
Go back to the EPv2 circuit, and click "send data pulse in". This will mean that as soon as you enter the text in the pop up text box, it will send from the "data to send" field to the linked EPv2 circuits "data recieved" field.

You may also with to rename the text pad "Target Name" so that if you go down, others may take up your machine and figure out what it does on the fly.

With this out of the way we move on to the number pad, this is an entirely unnecessary addition but I found it helped me understand basic conversion. Unlike the text pad which connects directly with the devices EPv2 circuit, the number pad needs to go through several steps to prepare the data for transfer.
Open the number pads menu, and click number entered. Back out and hit up the number to string circuit. Link the number entered field with input on the left. Having done this, take the output field and navigate your way back to the EPv2 circuit were you will link it to the secondary text to send field.
Go back to the menu, and open the number pad again, link its "on entered" to the number to string converters "convert", and the number to strings "on convert" to the EPv2 circuits "send data".
You are now basically a doctor and may carry yourself as such.
This next part may seem spooky without the full context of what you're doing, but trust me you're a doctor. You will pull through.
Here you take the EPv2 circuits "data recieved" field on the right, and link it to the concatenators text field "A". As in, also I lied about never having to touch the debugger again. Take the debugger and select string. Enter a space before whatever variation of "spotted" you wish, and plug it right in to text field "B"'s null field.
Having done so, take the wiring tool once again, and select the result field. Back out and enter the uppercase string converter, link the result to "input". Take the "output" field and navigate your way to either your screen, or your text to speech device. Link the field with their respective "text" fields.
As a note, the screen will ensure only you see the message, which is good if your target happens to be a player and standing right in front of you. Otherwise using a text to speech device ensures that other players are fully aware of when you are about to engage a target and exactly what.
Go back to the EPv2 circuit, and link the red "on data recieved" with the concatenators "concatenate", the "on concatenated" with the uppercase string converters "convert" and the "on convert" with the screen or text to speech devices "display" or "to speech" options.
Unless I've forgotten anything, this should be the full set up for your electronic assembly. Your power now knows no equal in these lands and a new dark age has set in. Close the device by clicking on it with the crowbar and turn your attention to your new challenge, immortality and then Godhood.
Luckily with this design, the electronic machine is just a case of linking fields. I trust that with working on the control unit, most everyone has mastered the use of the wiring tool and understands how to navigate devices internally. Which is why you may have noticed a slight tempo increase.

Open up the EPv2 circuit, link the data recieved field with the advanced locators "desired type", go back and link the secondary text recieved with the string to number converters "input" field and its "output" field with the advanced locators radius field. Then link the advanced locators "located ref" field with the examiners "REF target".

Having done this, take the "name" field from the right hand column of the examiner, and link it to the EPv2 units "data to send" field.
Link the examiners "X" and "Y" fields with their counterparts on the weapon firing mechanism.
You then take the toggle button, select the "on (false)", and link it to the fast tickers "enable ticking (false)", both of these should start on false, or "off". When the button is toggled on, it will start the ticker which will send a pulse out every two seconds to whatever circuits it is linked to.
This is when we enter the territory of only linking the red fields at the bottom.
Link the EPv2's "data recieved" with the advanced locators "locate" function, doing the same with the string to number converters "convert". Then link the advanced locators "found" with the examiners "scan", and the GPS units "get coordinates". Link the examiners "on scanned" with both the "send data" function of the EPv2 circuit, and the "fire" function of the weapon firing mechanism.
Finally link the fast tickers "outgoing pulse" to the examiners "scan" function.
Unless I've forgotten anything, all that's left to do is rename your new toy and close her up. Also accepting your invitation to your gay school you fucking wizard.

Keep in mind that this set up is terrible for anything but single target elimination, but tinkering with it has helped me up my game. I hope it does the same for you.

Excellent, thank you for writing this!
Head Admin, Lore Dev for Skrell, and PR woman at your service. 
This may be out of date after we move to baycode properly.