Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[ACCEPTED] [TRIAL ACTIVE] Tanker's Mod App
Ckey: AnimatedTanker
Character names: Cadence Jesse

Position you’re applying for: Moderator
Favorite Color: Military Police Purple.
Previous experience: No experience in moderation or administration in any other servers.
Have you ever been banned from the server or from other servers?: From the server no, From other/s, only temporary due to EORG mishap.
Why do you want to be this particular staff?: I have been thinking of joining the flock as i have been greatly interested in the server and the community, maybe like a good start to begin staffing careers, that is. And also help or supervise around.

MODERATORS ONLY: 
Answer the following scenarios as how you would solve a ticket. Try to use our current rules to help.

It’s a secret round type, and there’s a Colony Director (Captain), a HoS (Head of Security), and a full security force.. Mercenaries have been confirmed and they’ve breached the code blue armory. The captain’s response is to grab his gun and his voidsuit and runs to the armory. He fights the mercenaries 3 on 1 and dies, to no one’s surprise. One of the mercenaries takes the Captain’s ID and they roleplay taking over the ship.

Answer: I would see to asking the guy's true intentions whether it was LowRP, indirect metagaming of allowing someone he may know on the antag team or cause he wants to "ease" the gameplay for others... Or straight up question him why and what was the motivation, to say. And of course, would alert or leave an alert to any available admins or higher'ups of the situation and possible unwhitelist or similar motion such as headjobban or something else similar. I may ask them alot to get a good answer to a point it may be too much but a good investigation is worth noting.. Right?

It’s lowpop (a time when there’s few players online, roughly >10) and there’s no heads or even an AI. An engineer decides to break into the captain’s office and steal the spare. They give them self all access and put the spare back where it was. They fix the doors behind them while you’re bwoinking (Admin PMing)  them.

Answer: I would ask the person for what reason they did it and to avoid doing it again unless any valid reasoning, of course if they keep doing it over and over again to the point of ignorance, then problems would occure to a point of involving an administrator or higher'ranking to the field and assert the situation. In an example of them saying to ''Prove it'' then a video capture of such events or similar shall happen if such questions and hostilities.

Final Note: Hope to be one of the good staff around and see what there is to be needed in certain times! My words may be 'euch' or not understood but it'll be made up by the time i can set up a 24 hour overwatch on the server if active duty!
While I do support your enthusiasm and willingness to make a application and I support you as a friend, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask that maybe you can edit and be more assertive.

My opinion on your answer for question one, I feel like asking if his intentions wouldn't make a difference. If you deem it LowRP then it's lowrp. I would personally find it incredibly low RP, the question of metagame is a little far fetched. Although, I do agree with you alerting the admin team. Only thing I would personally change as a white list removal is up to them, it's our jobs to inform and enforce.

For your second answer, i agree you should ask but you need to inform them that what they're doing is low-rp, if they keep doing it we have an ability to freeze a player in place. Assert yourself, don't let a player walk on you especially when you're trying to get them to cut it out. We're not getting paid to do this, this is volunteer work so don't let someone walk all over you because you're afraid of being punished. Worse case scenario a headmin talks to you and you explain the situation. I wouldn't worry about the video capture either, we have logs.

TL;DR maybe edit your post a little bit, I'm willing to help you and I'm sure the rest of our staff is too.
I agree with Maereo's comment; The first scenario would most likely not be metagaming. And remember, as a mod you don't have the power to dole out punishments. suggestions may or may not be considered as well.
In order to prevent repeated rule breaks, you'll have to explain what rule they broke, why their actions broke that rule, and make sure they know that their punishment will be more severe if they're found breaking that rule again.
Before I continue reviewing your app, I'm giving you this time to revise and edit your answers (post them as a reply pls) , and I better not find you copy and pasting shit or I'll come over there and smack your lil pizza hands.
Ckey: ariever

don't look at me in that tone of voice
(10-31-2018, 01:09 AM)areebur Wrote: I agree with Maereo's comment; The first scenario would most likely not be metagaming. And remember, as a mod you don't have the power to dole out punishments. suggestions may or may not be considered as well.
In order to prevent repeated rule breaks, you'll have to explain what rule they broke, why their actions broke that rule, and make sure they know that their punishment will be more severe if they're found breaking that rule again.
Before I continue reviewing your app, I'm giving you this time to revise and edit your answers (post them as a reply pls) , and I better not find you copy and pasting shit or I'll come over there and smack your lil pizza hands.

Well, as may as it is being an edit reply- here ya go.
1. Answer: I would ask the person of what was their likeliness problem to act in a low RP manner, if of course was not provided of any other intentions to cause it, such as subtle metagaming or similar senses. Would also straight up question him why waste a important role while there are security personal active and ready. And of course, would alert or leave an alert to any available admins or higher'ups of the situation and leave a recommended punishment in their notes. I may ask the person a few more questions to see if there's any other valid knowledge.

2. Answer: I would ask the person for what reason they did it and to avoid doing it again unless any valid reasoning, of course if they keep doing it over and over again to the point of ignorance, then problems would occure to a point of involving an administrator or higher'ranking to the field and assert the situation. In an example of them saying to ''Prove it'' then a video capture of such events or similar shall happen if such questions and hostilities.
Starting with answers to the questions;

While the approach in the original answer (pre-edit) was a bit too blunt, as the accusation of Metagaming is coming really from nowhere, the post-editorial answer seems more rational.

The answer to the second question is more rationals, but still a bit clumsy. On a side note, moderators can always request game logs from administrators.

Now, on a more personal note, Tanker have shown honesty in their actions. When they committed some deadhours rulebreaking, when they were alone on the server, they reported it by themself to me; Actions that would have been probably never noticed by any member of staff.

While their answers were clumsy, it's important to note that they do not have previous moderating experience, and there is a starting point for everything. They are not a toxic person, purposely looking and/or making trouble. I am in favour of letting them into trial moderation, to see how they will handle various live situations.

Ultimately, the decision will be made after the interview has been done.
FCA Leader, Head Lore dev & Lore dev of Synthetics, Corporation and Technology, Admin.
Looking over the situation prompts, I feel it would be better if you could answer some that I've made for you.

3. You are on the server during a busy part of the day. No admins are online and you are unable to contact them through a third-party software (e.g. Discord). A rogue, non-antag Warden is carrying the whole armoury with him and killing and greifing anything that moves. You are being flooded with a-helps from his victims and you are only a moderator with so much power. What would you do?

4. A bald-presumably new player playing as a Chemist joins a round. It doesn't look like they are doing anything malicious but they are causing a mess, not following medical structure and wasting valuable resources such as a phoron on accidents, like clicking on himself. Another medical staff member breaks into Chemistry and beats the shit out the chemist, right after being dealt with by another moderator. What do you do?

5. ISEC or TIGER, why?

Also, I'd like to thank you for applying to join our team. Good luck.
(10-31-2018, 11:04 PM)Superballs Wrote: Looking over the situation prompts, I feel it would be better if you could answer some that I've made for you.

3. You are on the server during a busy part of the day. No admins are online and you are unable to contact them through a third-party software (e.g. Discord). A rogue, non-antag Warden is carrying the whole armoury with him and killing and greifing anything that moves. You are being flooded with a-helps from his victims and you are only a moderator with so much power. What would you do?

4. A bald-presumably new player playing as a Chemist joins a round. It doesn't look like they are doing anything malicious but they are causing a mess, not following medical structure and wasting valuable resources such as a phoron on accidents, like clicking on himself. Another medical staff member breaks into Chemistry and beats the shit out the chemist, right after being dealt with by another moderator. What do you do?

5. ISEC or TIGER, why?

3a. I would try or attempt to asses the situation the best i can via available and reasonable tools of moderation if were to have any. Situation may depend and vary, as well as the current round type and settings. In this current situation to the answer, it may as well vary via set available tools to handle any griefs or griefers in a sense of the situation. 

4a. I would ask both parties and include, if available and able, the said moderator, to what was the reasoning for the situation to happen or what caused the situation and event to happen. Again, this may as well varies between roundtypes, settings and situations. If it was nontag, then of course straight up questioning of their motives to commit something like that, if it was metagrudge or similar sense. 

5a. Uh..what? Sorry, i don't understand one of those so just gonna hit up the 'Neutral' button. Why? Well, cause i don't know? ._.''

Note_reply; Thanks. I'll do, if applied, the best of my abilities to do what it takes to keep the server in good order, let alone do 24/ Active moderation post if needed.
(11-02-2018, 06:00 AM)AnimatedTanker Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 11:04 PM)Superballs Wrote: Looking over the situation prompts, I feel it would be better if you could answer some that I've made for you.

5. ISEC or TIGER, why?

3a. I would try or attempt to asses the situation the best i can via available and reasonable tools of moderation if were to have any. Situation may depend and vary, as well as the current round type and settings. In this current situation to the answer, it may as well vary via set available tools to handle any griefs or griefers in a sense of the situation. 

4a. I would ask both parties and include, if available and able, the said moderator, to what was the reasoning for the situation to happen or what caused the situation and event to happen. Again, this may as well varies between roundtypes, settings and situations. If it was nontag, then of course straight up questioning of their motives to commit something like that, if it was metagrudge or similar sense. 

5a. Uh..what? Sorry, i don't understand one of those so just gonna hit up the 'Neutral' button. Why? Well, cause i don't know? ._.''

Note_reply; Thanks. I'll do, if applied, the best of my abilities to do what it takes to keep the server in good order, let alone do 24/ Active moderation post if needed.

I'll be honest, I like your answers this time around. They're very clear, with your first answer I would say that's probably the correct thing to do now. Now for the second answer, I think you missed an important part of that question where he was just dealt with by another moderator. 

EDIT: I maereo'd up the quote and had to fix it.
Exclamation 
Applicant's interview.
FCA Leader, Head Lore dev & Lore dev of Synthetics, Corporation and Technology, Admin.
Well, I don't see a reason why I *shouldn't* let you in so. You're in. Congrats.

Anyone opposed? No? Good
Ckey: ariever

don't look at me in that tone of voice